Suprapubic Urinary Catheterisation
The course is aimed at all Nurses caring for patients requiring suprapubic urinary catheterisation.
Duration: 3.5 hours
- What is suprapubic catheterisation?
- Indications for use
- Contradictions of insertion
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Limitations of use
- How to insert a suprapubic catheter
- Post operative care
- How to change a suprapubic catheter
Assessment Method: Competency document provided with first signature from trainer.
Learning Outcomes: To provide knowledge and skills for candidates to be able to practise the procedure of suprapubic urinary catheterisation under supervision until they become competent.