Safer People Handling
This course is intended for those entering into the care sectors who have never undertaken any previous training in Safer People Handling.
Duration: 3-6 hours (dependant on numbers)
- Manual Handling Responsibilities and the Law
- Anatomy and Effects of Poor Handling
- Risk Assessment E.L.I.T.E
- Principles of Safe Handling
- People Moving Equipment
- Guidance Notes – Slide Sheets and Rolling Clients
- Practical Sessions and Assessments in People Moving
Assessment Method: Practical assessments and written/oral questioning.
Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this course you will have increased knowledge and be able to move people safely with and without the use of equipment. You will be certificated for both theory and practical skills.