Altered Levels of Consciousness
This course is for qualified nurses and care staff who are working in an environment where individuals in their care may experience altered levels of consciousness, resulting in them needing to complete neurological observations and assessments.
Duration: 3.5 hours
- Anatomy and physiology
- Autonomic nervous system
- Levels of consciousness
- Causes of altered levels of consciousness
- Reasons for in-depth neurological assessments
- Signs and symptoms of raised inter cranial pressure
- Assessing neurological function
- Neurological observation chart
- Vital signs
- CT scans
- Nursing care
Assessment Method: Ongoing trainer observation.