Positive Behaviour Support
This course is designed for learners working in adult health and social carer who wish to gain further knowledge of challenging behaviour and learn to disengage safely from potentially aggressive situations.
Duration: 4-6 hours
- What is positive behaviour support?
- Positive behaviour support values
- What is challenging behaviour?
- Why do we see challenging behaviour?
- Functions of behaviour
- Recording and reporting
- The conflict spiral & the crisis cycle
- Behaviour support plans
- Proactive strategies
- Active support
- Risk assessments
- Can include breakaway techniques
Assessment Method: Ongoing trainer observation.
Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this course staff you will have an increased understanding of challenging behaviour and possible causes and functions of behaviour you encounter. If you also complete breakaways you will be able to utilise safe techniques to safely disengage from potentially aggressive situations.