First Aid at Work (FAAW)
People aged 16+ who need to provide first aid to someone who is injured or become ill while at work, or anyone wishing to become a qualified First Aider or those working in high risk workplaces.
Duration: 3 Days (18 hours)
- Dealing with an emergency
- Assessing a casualty
- Monitoring a casualty
- Where to get help
- Electrical incidents
- Accident recording & reporting
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Unresponsive & breathing
- Unresponsive & not breathing including the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Head Injury
- Hypothermia / heat exhaustion
- Medical emergency
- Heart attack
- Angina attack
- Asthma attack
- Severe allergic reaction
- Diabetic emergency
- Injury to a bone, muscle or joint (incl. spinal injuries)
Assessment Method: This qualification is assess by a practical demonstration and written/oral questioning.
Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this course, you will receive a first aid at work certificate which is valid for three years. For best practice we support the HSE recommendation to complete an annual first aid skills update (1/2 day).