We are proud to announce the launch of our ‘Address Your Stress’ training.
Carefully developed, by mental health professionals and care training experts, the aim of the programme is to create a supportive workplace culture – free from the stigma often associated with mental health conditions.
By establishing the use of a signposting framework, and practical knowledge, we aim to help colleagues support each other when experiencing the stresses of everyday life. By educating and empowering teams – with the tools to recognise, manage and reduce stress – we can change attitudes and impact lives.
Working conditions and environment can have a huge impact on mental health and, equally, someone’s mental health can have a significant impact on their ability to perform well in their job.
Did you know?
- 1 in 6.8 people are experience mental health problems in the workplace (14.7%).
- Women in full-time employment are nearly twice as likely to have a common mental health problem as full-time employed men (19.8% vs 10.9%).
- Evidence suggests that 12.7% of all sickness absence days in the UK can be attributed to mental health conditions.
- Better mental health support in the workplace can save UK businesses up to £8 billion per year.
- We were inspired to create this initiative as providers of care and realised that to effectively support our staff to care for others we needed to take care of our own mental health.
We intend to normalise the conversation about mental health in the workplace!
The Project has won many awards and been named as a finalist in even more including The Nursing Times Workforce Awards – Best Diversity and Inclusion Project 2018 & 2019, The Nursing Time Workforce Awards – Best Wellbeing and Staff Engagement Initiative 2018 & 2019, The HSJ Awards – Creating a Positive Staff Culture 2018, The Great British Care Awards and The Care Innovator Awards 2019.